Their style, while rooted in metal, is extremely forward-thinking and psychedelic, complete with complex polyrhythms, intense, haunting melodies, and vocal harmonies, combined with progressive and jazzy instrumental breaks. Their sound incorporates traits from prog rock, psychedelic/stoner rock, Indian, African, and Afro-Latin rhythms, as well as a heavy jazz influence.
Intronaut features guitarist/vocalist Sacha Dunable, guitarist/vocalist/percussionist David Timnick, drummer Danny Walker, and bassist Joe Lester. In 2005, Intronaut released a four-track demo entitled Null – Demonstration Extended Play Compact Disc. They signed to Goodfellow Records in October, and in early April 2006, recorded Void at Shiva Industries in Santa Ana, California with producer John Haddad.
Shortly thereafter Intronaut toured Europe for the first time, supporting the experimental metal band The Ocean.
In January 2008, the band announced that they had signed a world wide deal with Century Media Records, and completed their next album, Prehistoricisms. They also covered Eyehategod’s Dixie Whiskey for the Century Media 20th Anniversary cover album.
In October 2009, Intronaut played several shows in front of thousands of fans in Kolkata and in Pragati Maidan, Delhi for the Great Indian Rock Festival XIII.
In mid-2011, Intronaut toured Europe with The Ocean and Red Fang, then toured North America with Animals As Leaders, Dead Letter Circus, and Last Chance to Reason, and then toured Europe again with Ghost Brigade and A Storm of Light.
- Null – Demonstration Extended Play Compact Disc (2005, self-released)
- Null (2006, Goodfellow)
- The Challenger (2007, Translation Loss)
- Void (2006, Goodfellow)
- Prehistoricisms (2008, Century Media)
- Valley of Smoke (2010, Century Media)
- Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words With Tones) (2013, Century Media)
- Like Black Holes In The Sky: A Tribute To Syd Barrett (2008, Dwell) “Arnold Layne”
- Covering 20 Years Of Extremes (2009, Century Media) “Dixie Whiskey”